Wednesday 15 July 2015

Nea Paralias Summer 2015

Illustration for the humour page. Medium: ink and watercolour
Synopsis: an entire classroom of dummies doesn't answer where America is. One answers and becomes the "explorator".
Illustration for the song page. Medium: ink and watercolour
Info: the visual interpretation of the song "Πέντε πέντε δέκα (Βάρκα στο γιαλό)" by Mikis Theodorakis (1964) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOcleY7LViM
Personal comment: I loved listening to this song many times. It diffuses the naive and joyful ambiance of a sunny day somewhere in Aegean Sea. While I was listening to the song, I evocated a scene that I was going to picknick with a group of friends in the forest and leaving together to the seaside with an old volkwagen van. Such a shiny, light, innocent music which leads me also to have nostalgia absorbing me to a melancholy. Thank you Theodorakis!

No comments: